Christian Atsu’s club in Turkey, where a devastating earthquake has claimed thousands of lives, has stated that, contrary to earlier reports, the Ghanaian international has not been rescued from the rubble.
Hatayspor deputy chairman and press spokesperson Mustafa zat said it is an unfortunate turn of events for the club and the player’s family, who have been on edge since Monday, February 6, 2023.
“I received information that Christian Atsu was removed from the rubble, but the information received at the moment is that Atsu and Taner Savut are under the rubble, I hope good news will come as soon as possible,” he said.
In addition to the official report, his twin sister on live video also stated earlier on Tuesday that she would like to see Atsu in person before believing that the Hatayspor midfielder is still alive.
Dr. Gurbey Kahveci, who is Hatayspor team doctor where Atsu plays for, on Wednesday, said both the player and sporting director, Taner Savut are still yet to be found over devastating earthquake in Turkey.
“When we heard the news that “he was taken to Dortyol Hospital”, we especially went and looked, but it was not there. At the moment, we accept that [the sporting director] Taner Savut and Christian Atsu were not found, unfortunate,” he said.
Fellow Ghana international and close friend of Atsu, Mubarak Wakaso, has also confirmed on Wednesday morning that Atsu is currently unaccounted for.
Meanwhile, Christian Atsu’s story is developing, with numerous reports claiming the former Black Stars midfielder was found and rescued from the wreckage of the Turkish earthquake.
More to follow soon……Follow our other Social Media platforms Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok for more videos and updates.